Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Quilters of SC Retreat


This past weekend was our State Retreat and my first time to teach there. The class I taught, Winter Blessings, lasted the entire weekend and, although I had taught this class before, this was the first time I taught it two days in a row rather than two Saturdays in a row. I learned a lot about the difference 6 days can make. There is so much more time to work at home and get ready pattern pieces traced and fused for the next class. At any rate, I think most everyone had fun and were pleased with the results of their efforts. I think it would have been a lot to expect to finish the entire top in two whole work days, but everyone went home with a good "chunk" of it completed. These two pictures are of Jean and Ann, a "sister act." They may be related, but they will end up with quilts that are completely different. They are both pretty lucky when it comes to winning prizes though. Ann won a nice collection of thread and Jean won a massage and a SEWING MACHINE! Good work girls.
It was a great weekend and I enjoyed being with quilt friends from all over the state of South Carolina. Karen Kendo did a really great job of organizing the retreat and we're all glad that she's agreed to do it again next year.

4 comments:

KK said...

Hi, Judy! Thanks for the praise. Hope to have you back with us at retreat next year.

Unknown said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for putting us up on your blog. We had a great time! See you soon. Jeanne

Corky said...

Looks like your class did a great job. You're such a great teacher it would be a surprise if they didn't do well.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks everyone!