Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Columbia and Raleigh

Well, I had a pretty busy--and nice--weekend. We got up early on Saturday and drove to Columbia for me to do a trunk show for the District 4 State Group there. What a great group! About 4 years ago, one of the members, Sandra Baker, decided that it would be nice if they had an annual gathering so everyone in their district could get to know each other better. They also invite everyone from all the guilds in their area to come so they can be introduced to the state-wide organization. It has gotten better each year. Being part of the larger state group is a benefit to everyone as the members meet and exchange ideas with folks from all over.

I took three suitcases full of quilts--along with my husband, the heavy lifter, and showed and talked about them before lunch. Everyone was so receptive and had wonderful questions and comments. I was going to have my husband take pictures; however, when he found out that he would be the only guy and there were volunteers to hold the quilts, well . . .he scadoodled. In all, it was a four hour meeting and everyone had such a good time, that it didn't seem nearly that long.

After the meeting, we drove on up to Raleigh so I could get two quilts appraised the next morning by Jane Hall. She is such a gracious person and has been so encouraging and helpful to me. She is an expert in foundation piecing and had just finished the first draft of a book the day before I got there. On top of that, she had just gotten back from teaching at the Road to California Quilt Show, amongst other things. In this picture, she is looking at my quilt and deciding how to write up the description on the appraisal form.
So, now I'm back at work on my tumbling blocks. You know, I haven't even made a DENT in my scrap bins!

1 comment:

KK said...

I'm sure everyone loved seeing all of your beautiful quilts. Isn't it funny how one district can have many guilds and another one such as ours only has one big one and one tiny one? There are a few members of QSC in this district that don't belong to Cobblestone - but not many.