Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TTT Christmas Celebration


This year, the TTT gang decided to exchange Christmas presents. And today was the day! I had bought an issue of Quilting Arts magazine that had a lot of gift ideas. After looking through it, I decided to try to make mirrors based on the one in the magazine. Of course, mine look nothing like the one there and I did change the way it was constructed. It called for using heavy card stock as the foundation for the mirror itself and the quilted fabric. That just seemed too flimsy to me, so I used foam core--which was really too thick. On the next go-round, I think I'll use masonite which is thinner, but also strong. And, fortunately for me, I am blessed to have a husband who is more than willing to cut out that masonite into the sizes and shapes I want.
Here are some of the mirrors I made:




They were a lot of fun to design and create.







I took a picture of the TTT trailer with all of the gifts laid out--before we opened them but the gremlin got into the picture and it didn't turn out. However, I did capture the unwrapping process. Although it's not the best photo in the world, I think you can see that we were having a great time discovering what was in each package. For a detailed list of what each person made and for a look at Corky's beaded scissor fobs, please go to: http://fiber-thoughts.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-is-in-air.html. All in all, it was a most wonderful day!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne said...

JUDY

Sorry for the deleted message, I should proof read better before I post. Just wanted to let you know I love the mirrors especially the blue with green one. You girls just seem to have too much fun. Maybe one day when I retire I can play with you all. LOL Jeanne

KK said...

Judy - I love my mirror and the butterscotchy/gold color in is the accent color in my spa type bathroom - I've already got the mirror in there trying to figure out where to best show it off. It is so cool.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Jeanne. And Karen, I'm really glad you like your mirror and also glad that it goes with the color in your bathroom.