Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm at the Arboretum

I'm a member of the Asheville Quilt Guild and each month members of our guild are invited to display quilts at the North Carolina Arboretum. The Arboretum is a beautiful, beautiful place to visit and is the site of the annual Asheville Quilt Show. We are allowed to hang our quilts along two walls of the upper level in the main building. And THIS month, my quilts are on display. It's really a wonderful space and I am thrilled to have my quilts there. It's quite exciting to see so much of your work showing in one location and I hope that those who visit from now until the 5th of January will take the time to stop by and view my quilts. After the show was hung, I took a few pictures and I hope you enjoy them.
Magical Thinking above
This hydrangea quilt (Shady Ladies) looks so nice in this spot with the plant underneath.

Lowcountry Musings above

Heliotrope's Glassando (top Quilt) and Sunflower Afternoon




My friend Dottie holding Althea's Waltz and
other Guild friends.











Chris (holding the bars) is responsible for setup throughout the year. She's standing by Swamp Hibiscus.




Second Chance on the right






2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Judy

Very impressive! So how many of your quilts are there? Now until January is quite a long time especially through the holiday season, I bet they get even more visitors. Congratulations your own private showing! woo hoo

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Jeanne. I ended up hanging 20 quilts. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.