Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blooms In the Studio

I have been working concurrently on two quilts (the first of which was in my last posting). This wall hanging (no name yet) is one that I started quite a few months ago. Once I had finished the floral section, I didn't know how I wanted to finish it--so I put it aside until inspiration struck. As it turned out, that took quite a while. A couple of weeks ago, I drew out an idea that I thought might work and I finally added the borders the night before my art group met (nothing like a fixed date to serve as an incentive). They affirmed my thought that I needed something more in the corners, so I worked on that the next day and, voila, it is done.
The background fabric is a wonderful commerical cotton that has progressive color hues. When I was in Florida a couple of years ago, I saw it in a quilt shop. There were several different pieces and my husband--who is a quilter's dream husband--said I should buy ALL of them. So, of course, I did. And I think it made him feel really good when I actually used one of them.
So now I have two quilt tops awaiting the final part of their journey. Hopefully, they'll tell me what they want me to do with them VERY soon.
I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a New Year that is filled with many, many blessings. I have just finished reading Wayne Dyer's newest book, Excuses Be Gone, and I intend to incorporate a lot of what he says we can do to change unwanted or negative behaviors in our lives. This new year is going to be a blessed one for me because I'm going to do my part to make it happen.

4 comments:

Corky said...

Love this quilt and the one in your earlier post. Your creative mind so inspires me. I was I could work like you do.

Merry Christmas. We miss you down here, but I'm glad you're happy in NC.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Corky. It feels good to actually finish something. I look forward to seeing your seahorse in March. Just got home from a VERY brief trip to Charleston for Christmas. Hope you had a great one.

KK said...

Judy - so glad to see you are able to sew/quilt - I hope that means you have recuperated well from the surgery and regained mobility.

I just ordered the CD version of The Talent Code and Excuses Be Gone. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sure hope to be able to see you more in the coming year - and not just "on the fly."

Judy Heyward said...

Yes, My shoulder's a lot better now, Karen. I'm very pleased with the recuperation even though I still have a way to go. As you probably already know, I emailed you about the books.