Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Always Hard

Yes, it's always hard to get back into the swing of things after being diverted by holiday events and projects.  And I'm still not there.  Much of my time these past few weeks has been time on the computer planning for this year and next year for our Cobblestone Quilt Guild.  I'm the 2011 Vice President and Program Chairman.  The Vice President part doesn't take a lot of time, but the Program part does.  There are so many wonderful quilters out there that any Guild would love to come to present a program and teach workshops but, as with any organization, the factor of funds available and scheduling often limit choices.  And, there really is no ideal teacher that is going to please everyone.  So, you do the best you can do and move forward.
Who would be my ideal teacher?  I have two of them--Ruth McDowell and Sharon Schamber.  Would I be able to have either of them come to our Guild?  Not likely.  Ruth only teaches extended 3-5 classes and the travel and other expenses for Sharon would probably be too high.  But one can dream can't one?  Or go to a larger venue and hopefully get into one of their classes.
So, anyway, that's what I've spent a fair amount of time on lately.  Fortunately for me, I have good help.  My committee is great and our Website Coordinator posts everything I need to be posted in a timely and attractive format.  How blessed I am.
One of the things I did before Christmas was to spend some time on the topic of Creativity--researching thoughts by various people and making small quilts to express them. I will share the following photos that show most of them.









6 comments:

Corky said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these little quilts! There is one there I especially like (LOL) The sayings are really thought provoking.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Corky. I wonder which one?

Maureen said...

Now could one of these little gems belong to Miss Corky?
Enjoyed the creativity of them all.
Thanks for sharing.

Judy Heyward said...

Your're welcome, Maureen. I had a lot of fun thinking about the different aspects of creativity and incorporating them into little quilts.

KK said...

Wonderful thoughts on creativity and wonderful illustrations. Thanks for the praise - your friendly website diva!

Judy Heyward said...

Your welcome, Karen--You really are doing a great job.