Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just Keepin' On Keepin' On

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything here. I spent the last few weeks getting ready for surgery--getting everything done that I could ahead of time because I wouldn't be able to lift more than five pounds for a while afterwards. And then, I had the surgery (breast reduction, for those who are curious). It went without any hitch--no pain to speak of and no problems except an allergy to the antibiotic. Most of my work frenzy beforehand went into the quilting of Swamp Hibiscus. I even got it blocked--which would have been impossible for me to do right now. SO . . .here it is. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I tried something a little different on this one by using some thread painting on the centers of all the flowers. so NOW, I have to figure out what I'm going to work on next!

I also finished another unfinished project this past week. I did the center of this quilt several years ago and then it just kind of sat around. I added the checkerboard and border and called it a day. I call it Sunflower Afternoon. It reminds me of some of the wonderful sunflowers that I have grown in the past--ones that tower over you as you stand in the garden and have seed heads that are as large as a dinner plate. And then, in the fall when the heads have dried and hang their heads downward, along come the chickadees and tufted titmice who dangle upside down and feast on the overabundance of sunflower seeds. Now, that's entertainment!
Nothing more to report on just now. I'm working on another unfinished wallhanging and, hopefully will finish in the next day or so.

2 comments:

KK said...

Love both of them! Glad to hear you are recovering.

Corky said...

The quilts are beautiful! Didn't know you were having surgery, but am glad to hear that all went well.