Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Arabian Mystery

I have finally finished my most recent quilt, Arabian Mystery. It has taken so long to complete that I don't even remember when I started it! It is an original pattern that features whimsical flowers and floating flying geese. And here is also a closeup shot of some of the quilting details. As with most of my quilts, the journey to completion has been an adventure. As I've made more original quilts, I've learned to slow down and to wait for the quilt to tell me where it wants to go and what colors it wants to use. My only hope is that I am able to really listen to what it has to say.
So, come Monday, I will be shipping it off to Charleston for the Cobblestone Quilt Show during the first weekend of March. If you can, please come. I know you'll enjoy it. I understand that there are many beautiful quilts entered this year and the vendors, of course, will be great. The Show Chairman, Karen Kendo, has worked tirelessly for this show to be the best ever and she has a hard-working show committee that will make that happen. I can hardly wait to be there!

2 comments:

Corky said...

Can't wait to see this one in person. Am really looking forward to seeing you at the show. It has been far too long.

KK said...

Oh,my, your quilt is stunning. And right now it's at my house. I will take good care of it. And thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to the upcoming week - it will be hectic and stressful.......but I'll be surrounded by great people and beautiful quilts.