Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Classes For White Oak

 I have taught at our State Retreat for the past several years and have really enjoyed meeting so many quilters from across the state.  In the past, I have taught mostly classes that used my original applique patterns--using them as a springboard to learn various techniques that I have learned . 
This year, it will be a little different as I will be teaching ONLY techniques.  People have consistently asked me to teach machine quilting and, so, this year that is what I will doing, focusing on feathers.  As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I had a trial run on the sample above and was very pleased with the response.  I was asked to expand this class to a 1 1/2 day format, so I made another sample and will be teaching a couple more techniques.  I'm really looking forward to it because it is so wonderful to see people's eyes light up when they realize that they, too, can make feathers.

The other 1/2 day class I will be teaching is a class on machine applique techniques.  There are so many ways to do machine applique and many times it depends on the complexity of the work, the style of the design and the effect desired.  So I will show 4 different ways and, hopefully, each person will leave the class with a new perspective on how they can suit their stitches to their own work.  And, mostly, I hope everyone has a great time.  That's what it's all about, isn't it?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the feathers!

Maureen said...

The samples for the classes look great. Saw Corky's quilt piece from the quilting class you gave...really nice job from both the teacher and student.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Maureen. And Corky was right on the ball, wasn't she? I'm looking forward to seeing her piece.

Byrdieep said...

I had a great time at your class in Mt. Pleasant! I can't believe how much I learned, and what great pieces I created, in such a short period of time. You are a patient, awesome teacher. Thanks! Lisa Keenan