Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Learning Curve--A HUGE ONE!

 Well, on the advice of a trusted, smart friend, I visited the Apple Store this week and bought a new computer.  And now it's a case of teaching an old dog new tricks.  I KNOW I'm going to be happy in the long run but for now it's a situation of doing almost everything in  a different than before.  But one thing I know for sure, this is a great computer and I'm going to love it after I get used to it.  I also bought a new printer that was recommended for use with "air printing" between an iPad and a printer.   In my case, it is the HP6600.  I got it up and running last night and followed all of the steps and attained ZERO communication between the iPad and the printer.  So . . .I walked away (which is usually the best defense against doing something stupid) and waited for another day.  Today being the "other" day, I tried again--and failed.  And wouldn't you, a light suddenly dawned.  I realized that I had my iPad set to the 3G network rather than wireless--so, of course, it wasn't going to pick up a wireless signal.  And now, all is well--for the moment.
 These pictures are from a workshop I took yesterday with Patsy Thompson, a quilter well known for her colorful quilts and wonderful quilting style.  I had a great time in class and picked up a few pointers.  She told us how she dyes threads and the fabrics for her quilt backgrounds.  I'm going to try both methods and when I do, I'll post pictures and directions.
The first picture is  one of her quilting patterns that a friend of mine really liked (I do, too) and wants to use on a quilt.  The third is a drawing by Patsy of one of her background feather quilting motifs.  I will probably use this one in my work
And this is my practice of that design.
That's all for now--a studio "clean-up" is the task of the moment.

No comments: