Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

"Air- Conditioned" Scarf

As some of you might remember from an earlier blog, I bought yarn at the huge Fiber Fair a while back to make a scarf that was displayed in the booth.  My husband's comment was something about how is a scarf with a lot of holes in it going to keep your neck warm.  Well . . .what did THAT have to do with anything?  I liked the yarn and I liked the scarf.  Nothing else really mattered.
Of course, the scarf will keep me warm though.  There's plenty there to do the job.  It was a lot of fun to knit because I could hardly wait to see how the next color gradation was going to look.  The only drawback was that I have to keep binding off 10 stitches--which meant I had to count them--uninterrupted.  That can put quite a damper  on conversation.
So, it's finished and the socks are well on their way to completion.  I did cheat a little with the socks and bought some less expensive yarn for my first pair before I use the "good stuff" I bought at the fair.
For those of you interested in this yarn it is by Kauni (www.kauni.com).

No comments: