Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sample Redux




I'll be teaching my class on quilting feathers at the Asheville Guild in July and I thought that I would jazz up my sample a bit.  The upper quilt is the original sample and the lower one is the redux (I guess you could really figure that out for yourself).  One comment that I received from judges on my earlier quilts that had feathers on them was that, although they were very nice, they would be a lot better if I had used a contrasting thread.  But, but, but . . .if I were to use a contrasting thread then they would be able to see all of my mistakes!  So,  improve already.
Anyway, I finally got the message and got courageous enough to start using thread that stands out and really emphasizes the quilting.  So I wanted to make a new sample that would demonstrate what a difference it could make.  I also added four new elements to show how you can start with a fairly simple design and completely change the look of it without a tremendous effort.  I had lots of fun doing this little quilt and I hope that it will inspire others to step a little out of their box and add a little color to their lives.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - absolutely beautiful.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks Jennifer!