Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Spending Time With Alex






One of the best things about having your 12-year old grandson stay with you for a few days is that you go places that you probably wouldn't go to otherwise. Yesterday, the weather was iffy so I tried to think of somewhere outdoors that wasn't too far away or too long a path to follow. I came up with Pearson's Falls, a beautiful waterfall that is managed by the Tryon Garden Club and is not too far from where we used to live.The walk down to the falls is under a mile and is so lovely. It did start raining while we were there but the heavy canopy of trees protected us. There wasn't much in the way of blooming flowers but the greenery was lush.


And then today we went to the Biltmore House and right off the bat I was dazzled by a plant that I hadn't seen in a while, the Angel's Trumpet. Unfortunately, some of the photos didn't make it from the shutter to picture (Could it be the camera operator?) but the two I took were good and I can see a quilt in my future. Another great thing: We stopped by the nursery at Biltmore and it actually had the plants for sale. You can guess who brought one home in the car.
And this is what I meant by receiving inspiration when you aren't even looking for it. Angel trumpets weren't even on my radar, but you can bet they are now!

No comments: