Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

You have to begin somewhere


So many people have said so many nice things about my quilts, I thought that I would begin to share photos and thoughts on this journey. I'll start with a quilt that I just received back in the mail yesterday from Vermont. Like most quilters who send their quilts off to shows, there is always a huge sigh of relief when it returns home. This quilt is named "Althea's Waltz in the Starlight Ballroom" and is an interpretation of the Rose of Sharon block. It was well received at the show--which is always nice. You can't really tell from this picture, but there are crystals scattered across the black background. As I was sewing them on, the surface began to remind me of the crystal rotating ball that often twirls above the dance floor and that is how I decided on a name.
Well, this is my start. Let me kow what you think!

No comments: