Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Re-Do's


I have 2 wall hangings posted on my website that are listed as classes and as patterns for sale. I suddenly realized that I no longer had the samples, sooooo I thought I'd better get busy and re-do them. The one on the left is Marsh Life and the one on the right is Oasis. It had been quite a while since I made the originals, so I really kind of enjoyed re-doing them. Size is about 24" x 24". I made Marsh Life in a different color palette than the original one and I made Oasis a little bolder than the original and that made the process a little more interesting.
Yesterday, we had a big party to celebrate my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. She had a blast! She lives in the full-care wing at the Franke Home in Mt. Pleasant and they did everything they could to make it a nice event. The food was so good that people kept asking us who we got to cater it and couldn't believe it when we said Franke did. One thing I want to mention that I thought might be a good gift idea for those of you who are always wondering what to give an elderly person. My sister-in-law got one of those digital picture frames and had her daughter download all kinds of family pictures on to it. My mother-in-law could hardly pull her eyes away from it--she liked it so much. And now it is in her room and she can look at the the ever-changing pictures as much as she wants to--which is good because she was exhausted after the party and just wanted to lay down!

2 comments:

KK said...

Judy - your "do-overs" are great! And I really like the style/look of your blog - especially the flower pictures and accompanying poetry and prose. Either I'm still really dense or my blog server can't do some of those things - more than likely the former.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Karen. I don't know whether yours will or not but mine is under Page Layout. P.S. I would NEVER say that you're dense.