Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Can't See The Forest For The Trees!

Well, I had another great day in Harleyville with the TTT Gang. Today I taught my Palmetto Tree class and I was so very pleased with the way everyone's turned out. It's always great when students follow their own ideas about color and develop an entirely new aspect to the design. And here they are:

Janice didn't get hers to the "picture stage" before she left but it was an entirely different color hue. I can hardly wait to see all of the finished hangings. Congratulations,girls!


P.S.--The red quilt is Karen's and the person hiding behind the top right quilt is Sheila.

5 comments:

Corky said...

Love the variety! Looks like it was another successful class.

Maureen said...

Thanks Judy it was a great day!!!
We are so glad to have you share your expertise in such a gracious way.

Judy Heyward said...

Didn't they do great, Corky? And, Maureen, you were a joy.

KK said...

Late making a comment here - but I've also been blanket stitching on my "rope." Took a break from that today to work on a customer quilt. Judy - I've completely thrown out the dark blue I had planned to use in the next border. Going with a dark brown/green batik. Then the lighter speckled batik in the final border. I'm trying to figure out how to get some jessamine flowers worked in without going bright yellow and I can hear some turtles calling my name.

Judy Heyward said...

Good for you, Karen! I'm so glad that you're finding your own path. I'm eager to see those flowers and turtles. Yeah!