Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Next Installment

I thought I'd post the next two completed blocks on my Red & Green Quilt. These will both be corner blocks--which means that I have two more corners and one interior block left to complete. And THEN, I'll have to decide just how I want it all to go together along with borders, etc. I don't guess it will be finished anytime soon but I'm not really in any hurry with it.
I went to an organizational meeting yesterday for an Art Quilt Group. I have been wanting to participate in something like this for quite a while and was very encouraged by our gathering. Everyone was full of ideas and the energy was running all around the room. There are so many ways to approach this kind of group and I imagine that we will be feeling our way as we go. I think with anything like this, it is better not to have a preconceived notion--you never know what might find its way in if you don't! I'm excited.

6 comments:

Corky said...

Judy, your applique quilt will be beautiful. I'm looking forward to watching its progress.

Glad the meeting yesterday went well. I dropped Dottie an email and asked her to fill me in.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Corky. Let me know if you have any questions about the meeting.

KK said...

Judy - I can't wait to see this finished - it is so different from your original work. I'm drooling with every installment.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Karen. Hold the drool--it'll be a while.

Jeanne said...

Oh M Gosh Judy

I just read your post and realized I missed the Art quilt meeting. I was planning on going and had talked with Dottie a number of times and then went and forgot about it. Wow, Memory is really going fast. I love your applique. I should pull out my baltimore album and work on it before the moths get it! LOL jp

Judy Heyward said...

I'm sorry you missed it, Jeanne. And hope you can make the next one. Sure, pull out you Baltimore Album. Even working on it every so often will get it that much closer to completion.