Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Foust and Mary Jo's


I left my house at 5:30 this morning to trek up to the annual sale at Foust Wholesale Fabrics in Gastonia, NC. One of my friends on the trip told me that she bet it was more fun getting up that early to shop for fabric than to be at the hospital that early for surgery (which was where I was several weeks ago). How right she was!
We made good time on the road--with the traditional stop at Dunkin'Donuts in Rock Hill. I would have to say that in comparison to previous sales at Foust, this one was somewhat of a disappointment--according to those who had been before. However, I WAS impressed by the long rows of bolts and bolts of fabric--many of them quite beautiful--LOTS of rows and lots of bolts. I was sort of overwhelmed and ended up buying only what was on the "by the pound" table--a couple of large pieces of tone-on-tone fabric that will be good for charity quilts.
We did enjoy looking in each other's shopping carts though--as you can see Karen checking out Rita's--and seeing what they were getting.


And Pam was eager to purchase some of this rick rack--until she learned that she would have to purchase the entire reel! You know, there's just so much rick rack any one person can use in a lifetime.
After we finished at Foust, we went to lunch and then moved on to Mary Jo's. Well, there are no pictures of us at Mary Jo's. I was obviously much too busy looking at fabric to WASTE my time taking pictures. I was able to get what I needed to finish out one project and also some fabric for my snowman classes--and looked at a lot of other fabric that will be waiting for me another time. I stopped there and just savored the end of one great day. What better combination could one want--a good time spent friends--laughing, eating and practically wallowing in fabric.

3 comments:

Corky said...

That bunny fabric in Rita's cart is adorable. Looks like it was a fun time.

KK said...

We had a blast but missed you in the TTT van, Judy. And Corky wasn't there to get you in trouble. Betsy managed to not get yelled at either. I think we must now know who the catalyst is. LOL I was so happy to get four more months for the guild BOM purchased.

Vicki said...

Looks like fun. The Obrug group is going to Mary Jo's this Thursday. We chartered a bus we have over 30 people going and still some room if you want to go back. LOL I have my list and am checking it twice.