Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Last "Rose" of Summer

No, this is not really a rose.   But it is the Last of Summer.  One day this past spring  when I was in the Lowe's in Hendersonville, NC, I bought a clematis vine in a pot with the intention of planting it in my yard there.  But before I could get it planted, we made the decision to move back to Charleston--so the pot came with me.   Clematises don't do as well in climates with lots and lots of heat (i.e. Charleston THIS summer) but I planted it anyway and it got the same watering that the rest of the flowerbed did.  And three days ago, this is what I saw--one beautiful, perfect bloom.  Will it bloom again next year?  I don't know but I sure do appreciate the gift it gave me right now.

No comments: