Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

With A LOT of Help From A Friend

My friend, Dotty, came to visit me for several days after Christmas.  We had a great time--went to the movies, out to eat (had a HUMONGEOUS helping of tiramisu on NewYears Eve), went to the yarn store, played cards and just generally had a great time.  But, most importantly, we had a MISSION.  We had decided to make a quilt for a mutual friend.  And this is what we made--Prince's Feather from the October 2008 issue of McCall's Quilting Magazine.  It was amazing.  We agreed on all the fabric choices--keeping in mind that we needed to include blue.  And Dotty had brought the perfect blue for the ferns.  We fused, positioned and blanket-stitched all the ferns, pieced the entire quilt and pin basted it in 3 days--in addition to all the other things we did..  Then I quilted it and sent it to Dotty where she put on the binding and label and shipped it to our friend.  And our friend LOVED it.
What a way to spend the holiday.  We received so very much joy from the creating of the quilt and the laughs we had while we were doing it.  And I really like the finished product.  What more could one want for a Christmas gift than to spend time with a good friend and having a great time?

4 comments:

BarbR said...

What a wonderful quilt you two made for your friend. She is so lucky. I have gone through a binge period where most of my quilt magazines and books were disposed to various groups. There is much to be said to cleaning out but also much misery when I see such a lovely pattern that I know I no longer have. I will plan to be more generous to myself on the next round of binging. =!=

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks Barb. I'll have to admit that I went through my magazines and took out patterns I liked and put them in notebooks for later use. Maybe next time I should share the magazines instead of just keeping parts of them!

Corky said...

It's beautiful! I know she must have loved it.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks Corky.