Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Flowers, flowers--Everywhere!

Yesterday, I drove up to Harleyville and taught my Los Flores del Sol quilt hanging to 10 people at Karen Kendo's quilt studio. What a wonderful space she has and what a great group. They were ALL workaholics (my kind of people!) and the work they turned out was beautiful. Here you can see them all hard at work. And it was exciting to see how each one of them interpreted the quilt pattern differently.
And the food and conversation was every bit as great--and entertaining. And afterwards, I took a tour of Karen's flowers and their vegetable gardens--it's a special piece of countryside that they inhabit and I look foward to my next trip there. The icing on the cake was that when I went to a Quilt Show meeting this afternoon, Karen had her completed quilt top there--and, also, her friend Jolene's! I was more than a little impressed --and also humbled that they were excited enough to want to complete something that I presented. What a personal joy for me. Thanks, girls.
P.S. I see that Karen has posted the class to her blog so you can see more pictures there--especially her version of the quilt--so nice . . . See it at:http://quiltingwithkaren.wordpress.com/
P.P.S. And more pictures can be seen on Corky's blog: http://fiber-thoughts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

KK said...

Judy - we loved having you and love your quilts! Thanks for a perfect day.