Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Back On Track

I have been really frustrated lately because I just wasn't in a state to be inspired. My situation hasn't changed any, but there has been a little break-through in ideas. A couple of years ago, I bought a packet of Japanese taupe-colored fat quarters. So many of the Japanese quilts that I've seen at shows are so exquisite and I became fascinated by some of their color choices (not to mention their perfect sewing and quilting techniques). So, I've had these fat quarters and looked at them and looked at them. I finally decided that I wanted them for some kind of background in a quilt. I pieced four blocks and then drew an applique design that will be the same on all of them. I will later design a center and borders. I'm happy with it so far and am glad to be "in a groove" again.
I also have signed up for a dyeing class on quilt university and will be sharing some of my dyed pieces after I actually get some done! Right now I'm waiting for UPS to bring the dye powers to my door step.
I found this site in a letter on the Quilt Art List:http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77 It's a quiz that tests your ability to differenciate between hues of colors--the lower the score you score, the better your sense of hue is. I scored a 7 which is pretty good (Whew!) and the test was fun and quick. Try it out.

6 comments:

KK said...

Well, phooey dooey. I've taken the color hue test twice - my eyes are now permanently crossed - and both times I've scored 99 so.......Judy - don't ever tell me again what a great eye for color I have! LOL Can I blame it on my monitor. And here's the really funny thing - the colors look different to me if I take my glasses off.

Judy Heyward said...

Karen, Karen, Karen. You ARE good with color. I really think that the color hue tests deals more with minor variations in color, NOT which colors go well together. And, yes, colors do look different with your glasses off. Even though I'm still on WalMart glasses, I see colors better with them on. And, by all means, what you can't answer reasonably can be put at the feet of the monitor!

Joyce said...

This design is Gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely Love it!!!!! it just needs to be needle turn(said in a small voice).
No Judy, It is fabulous!!

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Joyce. I KNOW it would be good in needleturn and, IF I produce a saleable pattern, then YOU could do the needleturn. You would do a great job. I appreciate the compliment (you never know how others will view your designs).

Jeanne said...

JUDY

Sorry you weren't feeling well at guild, I hope that you are feeling better now and getting some quilting done. Jeane

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Jeanne. After I get my mother moved tomorrow I'm hoping things will slow down and I will get some quilting done.