Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another Finished Project

Several years ago, I bought a Block of the Month complete package--reduced--at the quilt show in Jacksonville. It was the Maggie Walker Country Journal quilt. If I have actually made it, I would have had a medium sized quilt full of different kinds of chickens with a rooster in the center. It is hand appliqued and has lots of vines and flowers. Well, I did make a couple of blocks and sort of lost interest. And then I saw a table runner in a catalogue recently that had several roosters on it. And I said, "Hmm . . .looks good to me."
So, I dug out my finished blocks and made one more and then made the whole thing--three months worth--into a table runner. This picture doesn't look all that clear but I hope you get the idea (if you click on it to enlarge it you can see it better). I, of course, still have several months worth of chickens--and a rooster--left to make sometime, but I feel like I've made some progress. I have a chandelier over my dining room table that is a wrought iron rooster--so this goes QUITE well.
I want to thank all of you that held Smokey in your prayers this week. He came through the surgery quite well although he is very tired now. He can start back with a little walking tomorrow and each day he will feel better. We won't know for a couple of months whether or not the surgery was successful but the doctor feels that it was--so we're hoping for the best.
I did get a good start on writing the directions for my new quilt pattern while waiting for his release from the hospital the morning after the surgery and transferred it to the computer last night. I will proof read it tomorrow and make any necessary corrections. Now all I have to do is actually quilt the quilt. I'm working on it . . .

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

cute chicken and rooster wall table runner. You are so busy lately. Wish I could get some of your enthusiasm to get busy myself. Glad that Smokey came thru his surgery okay and is on the mend. Are you selling the patterns individually or keeping them for classes. I would like one if you are selling them.

Corky said...

The chicken table runner is really cute!

Judy Heyward said...

Again, thanks for kind comments, Jeanne. Yes, the patterns are for sale. They'll be ready in a day or so.

KK said...

hmm..I thought I checked your blog yesterday but here it is Tuesday night and I got to see the quilted sample for the pattern today so I'm really behind. The table runner is great. If you don't ever do the other blocks - donate them to the guild silent auction and move on - it is such a freeing feeling.

Judy Heyward said...

Good idea, Karen.