Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moving Right Along

Since Christmas things have been pretty busy and I've not been able to do any of my personal quilting. Among other things, I just finished quilting the donation quilt for the 2010 Cobblestone Quilt Show. People are really in for a treat with this quilt. It was designed by Virginia Schrenker--with an able assist by Karen Kendo--and the result is simply wonderful. It was a challenge to quilt because of the type of background but, hopefully, it complements the design. Well, where is the quilt, you say? I guess you'll have to wait. There is still some 3-dimensional work to be done and then there will be a grand presentation at the next quilt guild meeting. I CAN tell you this though. You are going to want to purchase a LOT of tickets!
I do have one photo to post, however. While I was creating my Whither Goest Thou? quilt top, I felt that the main motif would making a really nice smaller quilt that I could design and have the patterns for sale. I was able to finally get back to that 2 days ago and just now have finished the top. It measures 41" x 41" and is called Natural Fibers--after the four cotton bolls in the corners of the applique. Creating a pattern like this can be somewhat of a challenge for the kind of math person who does everything by the seat of her pants (that would be ME). I did get it done though--with the help of EQ5 on the log cabin block sizes.
My husband will be going to the hospital tomorrow for a second heart surgery and I will be using some of the waiting time there in writing the pattern. I find it is much better to have something to focus on rather than spending the entire time stewing over the "what if's." So, hopefully things will go well and I'll come home with a finished pattern and, more importantly, a husband with a heart that is better regulated. Keep him in your prayers if you think of it tomorrow. Thanks.

2 comments:

KK said...

Judy - I love the border! And you can't say anything more about me being a dynamo!! You've quilted our donation quilt and drafted and made the borders for this one?? I'd call that being super dynamic!!
Wishing Smokey a successful surgery tomorrow and a quick recovery. Keep us posted.

Jeanne said...

Praying for Smokey's surgery. Hope all went well and he is recovering nicely. Can't wait to see the donation quilt. I am sure it is to die for, I will definately bring my camera. You are really gtting alot done lately, keep that ball rolling. Jeanne