Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Pattern Is Finished!


Just a quick note. It's always a nice feeling when you finish something and get that "moving forward" momentum in your life. I have finished my Natural Fibers pattern and it is now for sale--$10.00 plus shipping. I really enjoyed designing this wall hanging/table topper.
I was glad to get this done and then I spent several hours working on a toilet seat cover that I had seen at an embroidery software class I attended. You don't see a picture of that, do you? Let's just say it is still in the process of being a "learning experience." I figured out what I did wrong and I guess I'll be going back to Walmart tomorrow for another toilet seat cover to try again. I'll post it if I have better success than today. I'm committed to learning my Viking software but it is so different from the Bernina software that I am really at almost a zero beginning point. Not complaining--just commenting. BUT, so far, I prefer the Bernina version. Hopefully, my learning curve will take me to a different place. However, I think I could have made a QUILTED toilet seat cover more quickly than this one is going to be done! (I made a New York Beauty one and it looks pretty sharp.)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

JUDY
Congratulations on the getting the quilting done and the pattern ready for sale. If you want to bring some to guild this next meeting I would love to have one. Not that I will rush home and make it right away but it is nice to have when the mood strikes. So many waiting in line to start anything new just yet. Great job. I hope you bring it for show and tell too.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Jeanne. I'll bring one--if I remember. It's always nice to have some in the queue, isn't it?