Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Magic Mirrors

I taught my mirror class today at my house to a group of ladies/friends from Mt. Pleasant. I think it really went well and a large part of that was because the TTT Gang gave me such great feedback on the class I taught there last month. Today, each person--but one--went home with a finished mirror and that was exciting in itself. They painted, appliqued, quilted and glued--and what a result. I'm sorry for the quality of some of the pictures--I was moving around so much that I guess I didn't hold the camera steady.
Here is Nancy as we started out the day. This was a big deal for her to be able to walk up the steps into my sewing studio as she has been living with several afflictions over the past few years that had restricted her movement. So! She made it up the steps, ready to start her project. At the end of the day she was VERY tired but more than pleased with her beautiful finished mirror.
June was actually the first to finish her project and here she is with it "clamped-up" and then, at the right, unveiled in its full glory. And I guess you can see my reflection in the mirror as I'm taking her picture!
Pam and Chris used the same colorway for their mirrors and both did a beautiful job--although Chris did get a little over-zealous with the glue. You know, if a little is good, then a lot is even better . . .

And to round things off, Dee made her mirror with a blue color-way. This was the first time that I had met her and enjoyed spending some time with her. Annie didn't finish hers but it will be for her mother's birthday next January, so maybe that will be enough time (ya never know!) She spent some of her time going to Publix to get subs for the rest of us--so we didn't have to go hungry while we worked. What a deal.
As a teacher, this was a perfect day for me. Everything went well, everyone enjoyed themselves and most people finished. That's my kind of class.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

glad to see you had a good class and time with the mirrors. you are always so busy with your teaching, I don't know how you find the time to do all that you do.

Corky said...

Great mirrors! Looks like both the instructor and student enjoyed the class.

KK said...

Wow! They really did get farther along than the TTT gang did in the test class. I'm glad to know we were able to help you fine tune the class and make it succesful for others.