Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Change of Plans

My nephew and his wife are expecting a new addition to their family--a baby boy (it still seems weird to me to know ahead of time what you're having!). I have been planning to make them a baby quilt--and there's a baby shower next Saturday--so it seemed like I should get on with it. I had bought a conversation print at Tennessee Quilts last month that I thought would work with a pattern I had seen in a magazine. However, when I measured the size of the designs, they were bigger than the ones called for in the pattern. So, I just made up a pattern as I went along. Instead of having the prints as the center of stars, I used a half log cabin type of motif, finishing off the block with a blue checkerboard. Some sashings, borders and corner 9 patches and I was done. A quick quilting job and totally machined binding and it was a wrap--in more ways than one. It was a fun little project and, hopefully, will receive a lot of use.

3 comments:

Corky said...

Cute quilt Judy - and the quilting is really cool too.

Jeanne said...

really cute baby quilt Judy and so quick too.

Paige said...

Adorable Judy