Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Redux

Have you ever made a quilt top that you liked and then absolutely hated it after you finished quilting it? Well, I just had that happen with a quilt that I designed. I'm not quite sure what went wrong. It could have been the quilting designs I chose--or the thread--or I just didn't hold my mouth right. But I was pretty well disgusted with myself. After a few days of thinking about it . . .Do I put it in the Silent Auction? Do I give it to someone I don't really care about? What? . . .I came up with the idea to go back over the blanket stitching with black thread. A loud sigh of relief went up as the applique colors I had THOUGHT were bright lost the dull look that had bothered me so much. It's not a show quality quilt by any means but now at least I can give it to someone who I think would appreciate it. Its name is Redux and most people who know me will not be surprised that I went to the effort to "redo" a finished quilt (As a matter of fact, I have my eye on another finished quilt that could use a little redux).
I've also been working on another original design basket wallhanging. I haven't started the blanket stitching yet but I'm a little more optimistic about this one. Time will tell, I'm sure.
And finally, as we were heading towards Charleston this past Saturday, we had a lot of stormy-looking skies, but very little rain. However, what we DID have was a double rainbow. I only got a picture of the single rainbow but that was pretty wonderful, also. For me, rainbows are just pure magic. I know that there's plenty of scientific explanations for them but I don't care--they're magic as far as I'm concerned. And a good reminder that even in the midst of a storm in our lives, there can be a blessing if only we will look for it.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

beautiful rainbow. don't you just love it. Judy are you teaching the 5 part class just sew simple at PPQ? if so what is it about> so it on their newsletter but it just said Judy.
Love your Redux