Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Events and a Finished Top

Palmetto Hands is a Fine Craft Event that is held each year in North Charleston. In fact, there is an entire week or so of cultural events there that are local in nature and mostly free in cost. I think that it's a fine thing for a community. Part of the festival is an art exhibit by school children in the area--all ages. And some of the work is really incredible. If you have the opportunity this week, get to the North Charleston Convention Center and have a look.
This is one of the quilts that I entered in the show, Say It With Flowers. I was fortunate to have won an Honorable Mention prize. They do the awards a little different for this show. There is one Best of Show, one First Place, two Second Place and 12 Honorable Mention prizes. I haven't really figured it out, but was very happy to have won. This quilt was a part a guild challenge--almost. I made the quilt the way it told me it wanted to be; however, the silly quilt forgot to READ the rules of the challenge and ended up the wrong size. Oh well, whatcha gonna do with a "thread head"? I love the quilt the way it turned out so I didn't care what size it was!
Yesterday, five of the TTT Gang went to Beaufort for the Quilt Show there. It was a pretty nice show for the size and there were a surprising number of vendors. After that, we went to a quilt shop in Ridgeland, SC--Granny's Quilt, Fabrics & More. It's in a really out of the way area but was worth the search. The shop looked so nice, had a great selection of fabric and books and--best of all--everyone was nice. The address is:1108-B Argent Blvd, Ridgeland, SC and the Telephone # is: 843-208-3111. If you're in the area, give it a try. The TTTer's brought me home so they could get a tour of my house before it sells. What a great time to have people drop in--it was clean and neat!
And last night I finished a quilt top that I've been working on for a while. I'm pretty pleased with it and had fun figuring out how to make the various parts work together. I was going to make it into a pattern for sale, but right now I'm thinking that it might not be a good idea. I'll have to think on it.

No comments: