Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Moving Along With The Block

Here is the next step in the making of my block for the quilt celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've added the branches and berries of the Mountain Ash--a LOT of little berries. And I've also added some more landscaping in the background--There was going to be way too much sky if I hadn't. The next--and probably final--step will be to add a limb of a hardwood tree with an owl perched on it. I'm a little concerned about proper perspective on this aspect but all I can do is try and see how it turns out.
After I finish the applique, I then have to decide just how much stitching I will do to anchor it all down and whether or not to do some thread painting. It's an entirely different procedure when you're turning the block over to someone else to complete a quilt and then to quilt it. Well, you just have to do your best and then hope for the best--don't you think?
At any rate, I'm still having fun.

No comments: