Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm So Disgusted!

Well, I thought I was doing the right thing.  I went to a craft show yesterday and took my camera so I could share pictures of the beautiful things I saw.  Well, I saw some beautiful things--even bought a couple--but completely forgot to take pictures!
So--today I went to another craft show and took my camera AND remembered to take pictures.  But there was just one problem--I had the camera on the wrong settings and took videos rather than pictures. (I guess I know how to take a video now).  Again, there were some lovely and different crafts but, unfortunately, a picture truly is worth a thousand words.  I can tell you all about a potter's work that had sweet grass weavings combined with the clay to make a truly unique work of art, but without the pictures . . .
I do have one picture for you though.  While I was there, I bought two small purses from my friend Dotty Roberts.  She is a wonderful fabric artist who makes hand-dyed fabrics and then adds other elements--which increases the dynamic quality to her work.  And these are the purses:  Aren't they beautiful?  I think the purse on the left had decolorant used to make white areas and then she used fancy stitching within that space.  And then she used some metallic thread on the solid areas.  The purse on the right has several different techniques--I think some stamping and beadwork and another technique before the stamping.  I was going to give them as Christmas presents BUT I'm becoming quite attached to them.  They may have to stay with me.

3 comments:

Tamie said...

Where did you find these craft shows? I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Judy Heyward said...

Tamie--One of them was at the Omar Shrine Temple yesterday and today. The one that I went to today was in Summerville and there's one next week at the Fairgrounds. Plenty of buying opportunities!

Corky said...

I'm willing to bet that Dotty will sell you more purses!