Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A New Class

When I have been teaching classes, so many students have asked me if I would teach them how to freemotion quilt the way I've done it on my own quilts.  Well, my answer has always been, "The way you can do that is to practice, practice, practice.  And maybe have a sip or two of wine before you start!  And nice music doesn't hurt either."  I know that although that is true, one does need to have a point from which to begin.  So I've designed a class to get students started on adding feathers to their repertoire and it is called Adding Freemotion Feathers To Your Bag Of Stitches.  In making samples for the classes, I played around with several motifs and narrowed it down to two styles and then to one finished sample.  This particular sample is quilted with 100 weight silk thread , a #60 microtex needle and 60 weight thread in the bobbin.  There are, of course, various exercises leading up to the finished sample.
So many quilters seem to think that adding feathers to their quilts is difficult and I hope to show them that it just takes practice and the correct thread, needles, tension and an adventurous attitude. 

4 comments:

Corky said...

I will totally take this class!!

janice said...

And, might you be available to teach this class on December 1st? We have to talk, teach! Janice

Unknown said...

Would love to take this class. When and where do you think you will be teaching the class?

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks for all the enthusiasm! I don't know when I'll be teaching but I can let you know.