Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Final Result

Well, after months and months of piecing, ripping out, fusing, appliqueing and quilting, my latest quilt is finally finished.  It was quite a challenge in many ways but part of the enjoyment I get from projects I begin is the "figuring out" of how to make things work (which often means even more ripping).  I always come away with some lesson learned--even if it's "I never want to do that again."
So . . .Here is Summer Soiree (double click on the image for a little better view).  And now it's on to the next one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning!

Dotty said...

Having had the pleasure of seeing this at different stages, it is wonerful to see it finished. I LOVE the quilting in the border.
Dotty

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks! (I see you are getting more and more computer-savvy, Dotty).

Joyce said...

Just beautiful Judy.

Robin in WNC said...

This is just beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person.
I want to see the quilting up close.
Robin

Corky said...

It is fabulous!

So, do you have a plan for the next quilt already?

Judy Heyward said...

Yes, I do. It's on my design wall and I'm pretty excited about it.
Thanks for the compliments, Joyce & Robin.