Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Thing Of Beauty Is a Joy Forever

 By John Keats.  If you want to read the entire poem:  http://www.online-literature.com/keats/463/
These are two of my favorite daylillies and they truly are a "thing of beauty" which lift my spirit each time I see them.  I don't remember their varietal names as I got them at a daylily farm in Georgetown, SC several years ago and have transplanted several times since.  The second lily has HUGE blossoms.  In this heat we've been having, it's been wonderful to see a plant growing that thrives with the sun beating down.

On a more serious note--I have a friend whose email was compromised this week.  She had to
open a new account but couldn't access her email contacts so was left with no way to let everyone know her new address.  In the course of the attack on her account, a letter was sent out to her friends asking for money to get her out of a bad situation--using a similar format that probably most of you have received that was obviously a scam.  It's not quite so obvious when it comes from a friend but, thankfully, obvious enough.  The point of this is to suggest that you print out your email contacts or save them to a cd or memory stick just in case you find yourself in a similar situation.  With all of the bad people lurking around the internet these days, you just don't know if you might be the next victim.

No comments: