Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I've Been Waiting For Five Years

Since we moved back to Charleston several years ago, I have been spectacularly unsuccessful at growing decent tomatoes.  My last garden in the mountains was huge and organic (lots of manure, compost, etc). There I had tomatoes coming out of my ears.  I canned them, dried them, cooked with them and--most especially--had tomato sandwiches--day after day and never got tired of them.
My yard in Charleston has sandy soil and there aren't many cows grazing in neighboring fields (what neighboring fields?) to provide that very necessary boost to fertility that will produce big honker tomatoes.  Well, AT LAST, this was the year.  These tomatoes are sitting on a dinner plate--not a salad plate--and I can tell you right now what I'm going to have for lunch today--with soft bread and mayonaise.
Whew, there's not many things I like better.  I think I've reached nirvana.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Don't forget the pepper. Lots of pepper.YUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Corky said...

Mayo or Miracle Whip? Beautiful tomatoes - enjoy!

Judy Heyward said...

Mayo--my MICHIGAN daughter-iin-law is a Miracle Whip girl

Dotty said...

great tomatoes

Dotty said...

great tomatoes