Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Taking The Trunk To Florence, SC

No . . .not really a trunk.  Just 4 large suitcases.  I went to Florence, SC to present a Trunk Show at the Swamp Fox Quilters monthly meeting on Thursday.  To say I had a great time would be an understatement.  These folks roll out the hospitality and warmth in large doses.  I would say that it was Southern Hospitality but it was more than that because there were women from many parts of our country.
To begin with, I stayed in the beautiful home of Karen and Jim Kirkland--native Iowans (is that a word?).
This is Karen.  And see that smile on her face?  It was there the entire time I spent with her.  What a nice person and gracious hostess.  And, to be honest, I kind of drooled over her studio.  It was wonderful and was a great place to express her creativity.
I have posted 3 of her quilts here.  They are not the BEST quilts that she had in her studio; however, they were the ones that I took the best pictures of (not one of my better camera days).
 But what these photos DO show is how great she is with color.  And one of her favorite colors is purple--a choice I can definitely identify with.  And did you notice the tiny log cabins in the second quilt?  Patience and precision--in large doses.

It's always gratifying when your quilting audience shows an interest in the quilts you are showing them. I think that this group may have been exceptional.  When I present my trunk show I always tell people to ask me questions as I go along so I can be sure that the answers will be given at the time that the question occurred.  Well, they asked LOTS of questions and, ultimately, I think the presentation ended up more as a conversation--and that was truly wonderful.  So . . .hopefully, I good time was had by all.  I know I did.

No comments: