Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It Beads Me

 While my friends were here for the Asheville Quilt Show, we took a little side trip to the knitting store in the Biltmore Mall.  The only thing you can say when you go in there is ,"Wow!"  Yarn, yarn--and more yarn.  And so many samples to inspire you (and if you're not careful, you'll come away with way more than you intended).
Anyway, one of the samples was a beautiful beaded and knitted necklace that was in this book, Betsy Beads.  We opted for the kit--and the book.  They assured us that the book was VERY clear in its instructions--not so.  But the pictures are wonderful.
The necklace is constructed by knitting and i-cord (read that: idiot cord).  It took the three of us to figure out how to knit like an idiot.  You add the beads as you go along and that took about another hour to figure out.
I'm making it sound like we were sorry we  undertook this project.  What I forgot to mention was all of the laughing and the GREAT time we had in the process.  It really was so much fun and now I can make an i-cord (that is, if I look in the directions again).  The only drawback to the entire project was that there are supposed to be 4 strands in this necklace but the kit only had the hardware for 2.  I still have two other colors of yarn to knit and the beads to accompany so I guess I'll be traveling back into that den of temptation--with blinders on--to get another clasp to finish another necklace.  And maybe I'll get the  supplies to make something else from this beautiful book--the only problem is I need my friends here to laugh me through the directions.

No comments: