Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Friday, November 16, 2012

It's A Sweet Trip

Do you ever make quilts just BECAUSE . . .in this case, just because the idea came and you think it would be a fun thing to do?
I spent the night with a friend in Raleigh and while I was there, she told the story of Necco Wafers in her life.  As it turns out, when she's on the way to a quilting event, she takes a roll of Necco Wafers and s-l-o-w-l-y enjoys them--one at a time.  And, unlike it would me, the roll lasts her the entire trip.
A few years ago, she bought her usual roll of Necco Wafers and was not happy when she opened them and ate her first one.  SOMEONE had changed them.  They no longer either looked the same or tasted the same.  She called the company to complain and asked why oh why they had messed with a good thing.  Their response was that now they were more healthy (Candy healthy?  That's not really the point, is it?) and that they were now using natural flavors and dyes.
Well, my friend wasn't the only person who complained.  The sales of Necco Wafers dropped by 35% and while the company wasn't particularly interested in customer satisfaction, they WERE interested in the bottom line.  So .  . . now my friend can toodle on down the road with taste satisfaction in every mile!  And I just HAD to put that into a quilt.
The takeaway:  If you're dissatisfied with a product, service, political decision, etc, make your voice heard.  If enough of us speak up--who knows--the world just may be a better place.

No comments: