Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A New Project

I have a new project that is in the beginning stages and, hopefully, it will end up being a pattern for sale. While I was sewing together the blocks that I made at St. Christopher, I came up with the idea for a wallhanging. (You can see that quilt on my March 7th posting.) It was made with the "Birds in the Air" block pattern and, for this new project, I am using half of the block to form the frame around the flowers. I spent a fair amount of time yesterday and today working on the flower basket--changing things, moving things around. This is my first applique that has used Steam A Seam and I think it works great when designing as you can keep moving thing around and they just stay there.
So, that's it for now. More later. It's pretty cool!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

yes, it is pretty cool, Judy. Looks like you have been very busy lately. I don't know how you keep coming up with all these original ideas or yours. My mind just doesn't seem to be that imaginative. Great job.

Corky said...

Do you ever sleep? You put out so much BEAUTIFUL work! I'm so lucky you're my friend and I can enjoy your work up close and personal.

KK said...

I LOVE the color palette! Is that teenie inner border pieced in or appliqued on top?