Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Slow Going

Things have been going pretty slowly the past week or so.  We have been having some much needed work done on the driveway and foundation of the house; however, most of it has been going on right outside the window of my studio.  The vibration from the backhoe breaking up the concrete has been a little much. 
And this morning I was supposed to go to my first meeting with the Art Group I belonged to when I lived up here before and, instead, I ended up in the driveway digging channels in the rock and dirt in order to keep the water away from the foundation .
Oh well--one of the phrases I remember from my Spanish classes is "Asi es la vida" or "That's life."  And I guess that's right.  At least I have the muscles and the shovel.
Anyway, I HAVE finished the blanket stitching the fusible applique on my newest quilt, Lady in Waiting.  I just thought I'd post a picture of the pinning.  So many people have asked me how far apart do I place the pins.  I like to place them between 2 and 3 inches apart.  I think it helps to prevent those nasty "accidents" that can take place on the back of your work when you all of a sudden discover that you have quilted wrinkles into your quilt.
So now, I can begin to actually quilt something.  This particular piece has been in the works for almost 3 years from the time I took the picture of the Lenten Rose.  And now I can hardly wait to get it finished!

1 comment:

Paige said...

The leaves are so life like. I see in the close up, the vein is created with another strip of fabric appliqued on top. Very nice.