Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Friend's Aurevoir

When I moved from Charleston several weeks ago, it was with mixed feelings because I have so many good friends there.  My Quilters Night Out group had a special dessert evening to tell us goodbye and one of the members of the group made me this wallhanging.  You would have to double-click on it to get the full gist of what it's about but it's pretty special to me.  On the right sidebar of this blog is a poem by Dawna Markova entitled "I Will Not Die An Unlived Life and my friend Ellen translated it into fabric and gave it to me.  She just recently bought a nice Janome sewing machine and has been having fun freemotioning words onto her creations.  I feel so blessed that she chose to do this poem for me.  Thank you, Ellen, and "Aurevoir until the next time."

No comments: