Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

That Inner Voice

Do you ever have those "nudgings" that nibble at your awareness and tell you that maybe you should or shouldn't do something? I do--all the time--and, as time goes on, I am learning when to truly listen and when it's a fear or prejudice or whatever that is leaning me in one direction or another. I had something like that happen on Thursday night. I hadn't signed up for the quilt retreat that our guild has at Camp St. Christopher because I thought we would be gone all summer. Well, it hasn't turned out that way--for various health-related reasons. At the meeting on Thursday, Karen Kendo announced that there was a last minute opening. My first thought was, "Hum, maybe I should sign up. I would like to go." But something made me hold back and I didn't do it.
So . . .long about Friday afternoon, my husband had an A-Fib episode. He was in conversation with the doctor twice that evening and then the episode was over. However, the next morning his heart rate was twice its normal count and I ended up taking him to the hospital where he eventually had to be shocked back into normal rhythm and spent the night for observation. I brought him home this morning and he's very tired, but fine. If I had gone on the retreat he would have dealing with it by himself--probably even delaying calling the doctor and then driving himself into the emergency room (a man thing). So I KNOW that I listened to the right voice on Thursday night. This has happened too many times in my life to put it aside as mere chance. That still, quiet voice can be pretty loud at times.
And now for a lighter note, I am posting this picture of a car I saw this week at a repair shop. You might have to double-click on it to get the full effect but it looks like they repair cars at that shop with bandaids!

6 comments:

Patricia Bartholomew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corky said...

Judy, I'm sorry to hear Smokey is having more problems, but am glad you were there to make sure he got the right treatment!

Had a great time at retreat, but I'm glad I'll be able to sleep in my own bed tonight.

KK said...

Hi, Judy. I second everything Corky said. We had a fantastic retreat - have done away with some of the "activities" so that there is more sewing time in the evenings. After a big storm Friday night the weather was perfect - very nice for rocking on the deck during sewing breaks.

Judy Heyward said...

Corky and Karen--I'm glad that you had such a great time and that the weather turned out great. We had a big rain on Friday in Mt. Pleasant, too and then a beautiful weekend. Thank you both for the kind thoughts,

Jeanne said...

hi Judy

I am so glad that you listened to that inner voice. It is in that Still small voice that he speaks to us he loudest sometimes. I almost cancelled because of a funeral, but was able to leave Saturday and come back and still enjoy some quilting time. I am trying to make a blog and will put up some pics of some of my latest works soon. Jeanne

Judy Heyward said...

Good for you, Jeanne--I look forward to seeing your blog when it's posted. Please send me the address when it's up and running.