Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America Speaks


Well, our election has come and gone. And now, we hope for the best. So much has been said by both candidates over the past months and, as average citizens, we have no realistic way to know if any of the promises given have any true hope of being fulfilled. However, there was such an historic aspect to this race--no matter which party won the election. Could you have imagined 20 years ago that we would have both a black man and a woman in a presidential election? And in that I find hope--hope for us as a people who can look beyond stereotypes and view the greater picture.
I agree with what Corky said in her blog--http://fiber-thoughts.blogspot.com/--. We spend far too much time and money on these elections. Do we truly know any more than we would have known in a greatly reduced time frame? And when one thinks about what that money could have been used for in reducing some of the problems that both candidates referred to--well, it just boggles the mind.
On a lighter note--we were some of the more fortunate ones yesterday--it only took 45 minutes to cast our ballot. We went in mid-afternoon and that seemed to have been the best time.
Now let's get on with it and help to make our country the very best that it can be!

No comments: