Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Orangeburg Class

This morning I drove up to Orangeburg, SC to teach my Snow Family class. I originally designed a quilt from a Christmas card I received from my niece. This second version was a complete re-do, changing a lot of the elements and colors. I then wrote to Laurie Korsgarden, the artist of the original version and asked her permission to teach the "evolved" version--and she very graciously said yes. "Why ask permission?" you might ask. Well, because it was the right thing to do. She could have said no--and that would have been the end of it--but I'm so glad she didn't!

I don't have any really "finished product" pictures from today's class because I was trying to squeeze a 2 day class into 1 day. My main goal was to let each person go home with all of the techniques in the quilt so they could finish up without the frustration of not knowing how to do it (I also sent them home with my email address in case they had questions!). But here are a few pictures to get the flavor of the day. You can see that we had a great space to work in--everyone had their own area to spread out--and you might be able to tell that we were in a church space! All of the women were enthusiastic and worked hard all day. And they PROMISED they'd send me pictures when they were finished. I really enjoy seeing how people interpret and change the pattern as they go along. Several of them had decided to use 3-d elements. It was great.
And so, Saturday I head to Camden, SC to teach the same class. It'll be another great bunch of quilters that I'm looking forward to meeting. What a life!

No comments: