Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Moving On

Well, today has been a computer day, but I'll show my next, best choice for a background for my angel's trumpet background. This was the very last batik that I had left to try--and I kind of like it. I'm not fusing anything down yet though because I'm going to Batiks, Etc. next week and I definitely want to leave my options open. I won't be too unhappy if I don't find anything else though.
I didn't realize it until a couple of weeks ago, but I LOST my Internet Explorer Address Bar. It wasn't until I tried to access my new website and realized that I had nowhere to type in the address. Using Google or Yahoo wasn't doing the job because it hadn't been hit on enough to be in their search engine (at least I think that was the reason). I have tried everything I could figure out and then had planned on calling Geeks On The Go when I got back from the mountains next week. Well, I tried one more thing and I'll pass this tip along to those who might need it. When I looked in the Tools menu, Address Bar was checked, so it SHOULD have worked--but it didn't. I read something on the internet that said that it might be there but was hidden by other tool bars. It said to go back to the Tools menu and uncheck the Lock Tool Bar item and then to move the present tool bars around to see if the one I wanted was hidden underneath. Well, lo and behold, I did that and there it was. I am a happy camper. I'm sorry if I bored you with tech talk, but I really do get excited when I learn something new and I want others to have that knowledge.
The other computer thing I want to talk about is just to recommend the Homestead company that does my website. It's nothing fancy, but it was something I could do myself and their back-up help has been tremendous. I was having trouble yesterday trying to figure out how to add another page to my site and knew that it was really just a matter of somehow linking it to the other pages--but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I emailed them and they called me back and together we made it work. It is so very refreshing to deal with anyone today and have things go the way they should. Yea!

1 comment:

KK said...

For what it's worth I like that background - but, woohoo, a trip to Batiks, Etc!! I would definitely wait until after that for a final decision. Have fun!