Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Sometimes You Just Don't Realize

The April program for our Cobblestone Quilt Guild is going to be digital tours of various quilters' sewing studios. I volunteered to be one of the studios on tour as long as I could have time to do a "little" straightening first. So, after thinking about it for a fair portion of the night and mentally re-folding yards and yards of fabric, I got up at 5:00 a.m. and started the actual process. There's something therapeutic about the folding process and you get to touch and feel each piece once again and dream about the quilt it may be a part of SOMEDAY. Very nice. However, after working for a while, I realized that the rest of the shelves looked pretty bad. I guess it's a study in contrasts--you have to experience both sides of the pendulum for either to have meaning. And now I have a major hint as to why a friend who came to my studio a couple of weeks ago commented on the disorder of my fabric. I hadn't even noticed.

2 comments:

KK said...

Judy - I've been out of town for a week and you've been busy blogging! Love the little sunflower in the most recent post. Slow down on the tidying up frenzy - the studio tour is the MAY program - this month is a longarm showcase.

KK

Corky said...

Your messy shelves look better than my neat ones!