Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Progress--Slowly But Surely

Sometimes I wish I were one of those highly productive quilters who seem to churn out piece after piece of wonderfully orginal work in hardly more than a day or two--but I'm not. However, for me, that may not be a bad thing. As I've gotten older, I've been learning to slow down and NOT rush through things (at least not as much as I used to do). Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, I found 2 potential fabrics in my stash in the mountains for the background for my Angel's Trumpet quilt hanging. And, as it turned out, I decided that my husband's #1 choice was the best. I tried mine first (of course) but had to admit that it really didn't do it. I still have a good ways to go before finishing this hanging, but I'm beginning to get excited about it now. The background fabric is a hand-dye by Ricky Tims that I got when I went to Houston and I think it is going to be perfect. Whew! Since Angel's Trumpets are known for the wonderful and alluring scent that they waft into the evening atmosphere, I've decided to call it "Ladies of the Night."

3 comments:

KK said...

Great background choice - sets the nighttime mood. The trumpets look so realistic.

Corky said...

Great piece Judy. I look forward to seeing it finished. I also enjoyed your quilting photo tutorial.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Karen and Corky.