Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you stopped by to see what these Musings are all about. Since they're straight off the top of my head, I haven't exactly figured it out myself! We all muddle through each day and, hopefully, we find something to rejoice in as we choose, sort, piece and quilt our beautiful stashes of fabric.
Please visit my website: http://www.judithheyward.com/ to learn more about my quilts. Or contact me at judyheyward@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tillie

Well, yesterday was a very sad day us as we had to say good-bye to our little Welsh Corgi, Tillie. We loved her with all of our hearts and it was a difficult decision to make. Having a pet is very much a two-edged sword because the chances are great that at some point you're going to have to make the decision that we did yesterday. But to avoid that sadness, one must also avoid the joy, love and just plain fun that comes with having a Tillie--or a Rex or a Cooper or a Bella--as a member of your family. So, although I just plain hate what I feel right now, I celebrate the life of one great dog who gave us 12 years of unmitigated joy.

3 comments:

KK said...

Judy - so sorry to learn of the loss of your pet. It is very hard but remember the joy and love Tillie gave you and you gave Tillie. I had a Tillie, too! She was a little benchleg beagle. You should have seen her pregnant in the middle of winter - her bellie drug the ground and acted like a snowplow.

Judy Heyward said...

Thanks, Karen. I guess you should have gotten her a harness!

Corky said...

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about Tillie. Our pets become such a big part of our lives don't they?